Thursday, October 29, 2009

Disaster Strikes Mammoth

Incoming call: Briona Bennett, my best friend. She calls me whenever she can, and always has some sort of story to share. This call was no different, but this time I had important news too. My family and I were planning our annual trip to Mammoth Mountain, and I asked her to come along! I thought the experience would simply be a blast because snowboarding in general is incredible. Being with your family and best friend would be a great bonus. Plus, she had never even been to the snow and I knew she would love it. She asked her dad for permission the minute I invited her, that's how excited she was. "Dad! Dad! Would you let me go with Lexi and her family to Mammoth?!" He asked a few informational questions and then concluded, "Alright I suppose you can go if you behave." She laughed and started screaming in excitement. We were both filled with delight; now we just had to wait three more months.

December finally began and everyday I awoke, longing for it to be the day of our departure for Mammoth. At last, when the the time to leave arrived, my famlily and I woke up

No comments: